Top 10 Best Gillian Anderson Quotes
Gillian Anderson is an American-British actress and writer, who is best known for her role as FBI agent Dana Scully in the long-running and critically acclaimed series The X-Files. She has also had roles in other TV shows such as The Fall, and American Gods, and in films such as The Last King of Scotland and The House of Mirth. She has also written a number of books, including a memoir and fiction novels.
Here are 10 of Gillian Anderson’s most famous quotes:
- “I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that.
- “I truly believe that we can overcome any hurdle that lies before us and create the life we want to live. I have seen it happen time and time again.”
- “It is not a matter of being fearless. The fear is sometimes constant, but it’s about moving forward regardless of the fear. Courage means feeling the fear and doing it anyway.”
- “I once had to say this on a show many years ago, and I truly believe it: Loneliness is a choice. I like to be alone; I’m more comfortable alone. But I do recognize that I take it too far sometimes and so I try to force myself to keep up with being sociable. I just am a bit of a lone ranger; I always have been. But I don’t believe that necessarily has to translate to being lonely. You can be lonely in a crowd of a thousand people. I can be in a hotel room on my own and not feel lonely. It all comes down to how comfortable you are with who you are in the silence.”
- “Well, it seems to me that the best relationships – the ones that last – are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is… suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.”
- “I believe we’re here to learn and grow. We choose how we come into this life based on what it is we have to learn. Some people have harder lessons than others.”
- “I’m not interested in being perfect when I’m older. I’m interested in having a narrative that is of substance and that I’m invested in.”
- “I’ve always been a believer. I’ve been a believer in many different realms of alternate reality, the human capacity to move out of different planes of reality. It’s something that has been with me since I was a child.”
- “I know people who are embarrassed to be American. They don’t like showing their passports. It’s becoming a scary place. It takes someone very brave not to be quiet, someone who doesn’t mind death threats, their life being turned upside down, news cameras outside their door. There is no freedom of speech in America anymore. They are not living up to the constitution. There’s so much fear in America and control.”
- “I try, in my life, to follow my heart. I know what it feels like to do things that are soul-decaying. A large aspect of life in Hollywood, in a stereotypic way, I find unbelievably soul-decaying. And I choose, albeit frustratingly to other people in my life, not to expose myself too much to too much of that.”