Top 10 Best Albert Einstein Quotes
Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879, in Ulm, Germany. He was a physicist and mathematician who reshaped our understanding of the universe with his groundbreaking theories. Einstein showed an early aptitude for mathematics and physics and attended the Polytechnic Institute in Zurich, Switzerland. In 1905, he published four influential papers, including his theory of special relativity, which introduced the famous equation E=mc².
In 1915, Einstein published his theory of general relativity, revolutionizing our understanding of gravity and space-time. His work led to predictions like the bending of light by gravity, later confirmed during a solar eclipse in 1919.
Einstein’s contributions extended beyond science. He was a vocal advocate for pacifism, civil rights, and nuclear disarmament. Fleeing Nazi Germany in 1933, he settled in the United States and joined the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey. He urged the U.S. government to prioritize atomic research during World War II, contributing to the Manhattan Project.
Einstein passed away on April 18, 1955, in Princeton, New Jersey, leaving an enduring legacy in science and humanitarianism.
Here are a selection of 10 famous quotes by Albert Einstein:
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
- “The only real valuable thing is intuition.”
- “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
- “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
- “There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.”
- “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
- “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”