Top 10 best quotes about Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a beloved holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. It’s a time when families and friends come together to express gratitude for the blessings and abundance in their lives. Here’s something interesting about Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving has its roots in a feast held by the Pilgrims at Plymouth in 1621, which was shared with the Wampanoag Native Americans. The holiday became an official federal holiday in the United States in 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of “Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens.” It’s traditionally celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
Now, here are 10 best quotes about Thanksgiving:
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
- “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
- “Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and gratitude.” – Joscelyn Godwin
- “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.” – Amy Grant
- “Thanksgiving is a time to give, a time to love, and a time to reflect on the things that matter most in life.” – Danielle Duckery
- “Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the work of others is.” – Monica Johnson
- “There is always, always something to be thankful for.” – Unknown
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings.” – Amy Grant
These quotes reflect the spirit of gratitude, togetherness, and reflection that makes Thanksgiving a special and meaningful holiday. It’s a time to appreciate the blessings we have and the people we share them with.