Top 10 Best Hippocrates Quotes
Hippocrates was a Greek physician who lived from 460 BCE to 370 BCE and is widely regarded as the father of Western medicine. He was the first to establish medicine as a profession separate from philosophy and religion. Hippocrates believed that diseases were caused by natural causes and not the result of supernatural forces.
Here are 10 of Hippocrates’ best quotes about medicine and illness:
- Illnesses do not come upon us out of the blue. They are developed from small daily sins against Nature. When enough sins have accumulated, illnesses will suddenly appear.
- Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
- Walking is man’s best medicine.
- The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.
- All diseases begin in the gut.
- He, who has a why to live for, can bear with almost any how.
- There are in fact two things, science, and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.
- Everything in excess is opposed to nature.
- Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm.
- To do nothing is also a good remedy.