Top 10 Best Quotes from “The MATRIX”
How many films do you know that 23 years after their release, are still interesting and have a large number of fans? Their units. One of these is The Matrix, which has already become a cult film by the Wachowski brothers and was released in 1999. Unexpectedly for the creators, the film introduced philosophical questions into popular culture, forcing the majority of viewers to reflect on the questions of the universe, the boundaries of the mind, and the structure of the universe.
You can talk about this movie endlessly – about wonderful music, great acting, cool special effects, and that after so many years it can be watched and reviewed with interest. Many phrases from this film have become quotes. Here are the top 10 quotes from “The Matrix”:
- What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this.
- What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
- Being the one is just like being in love. No one can tell you your in love, you just know it.
- Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.
- The choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without.
- To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
- Something’s wrong with the world. You don’t know what, but it’s there. Like a splinter in your mind driving you mad.
- Your mind makes it real.
- Ignorance is bliss.
- Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world where none suffered where everyone would be happy? It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believe that we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that as a species human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. So the perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix|was redesigned to this. The peak of your civilization. I say, «your civilization» because when we started thinking for you, it became our civilization which is, of course, what this is all about. Evolution.
When asked which pill they would choose if they were faced with the same choice as their heroes, the Wachowski brothers synchronously answered: blue. To stay in a pleasant and safe dream world, unaware of the terrible reality. And Elon Musk seriously believes that we are all living in a simulation. That’s what it is, the Matrix.