Top 10 Best Michael Roach Quotes
Michael Roach is a prominent Buddhist teacher, author, and businessman. He was born in 1952 in Los Angeles and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. He attended Princeton University, where he studied Sanskrit and Tibetan. In the early 1970s, he traveled to India and became one of the first Westerners to study Buddhist philosophy at Sera Monastery in Tibet. Roach spent many years living as a monk in India and Nepal and later founded Diamond Mountain University, a Buddhist retreat center in Arizona. He has authored several books on Buddhism, including “The Diamond Cutter,” “The Garden,” and “Karmic Management.” Roach remains a respected Buddhist teacher and speaker, known for his accessible and engaging teachings on Buddhist philosophy and practice.
Here are 10 of his best quotes:
- The biggest illusion of the mind is that we think we are separate from everything else.
- The only way to change the world is to change the way we think about it.
- True spirituality is not about escaping from the world, it’s about engaging with it in a more meaningful way.
- The true purpose of life is to be of service to others.
- We cannot control what happens to us, but we can control how we react to it.
- The greatest teacher we will ever have is our own suffering.
- The most important thing we can do for ourselves is to learn to be kind to ourselves.
- Forgiveness is not about letting someone off the hook, it’s about freeing ourselves from the pain of resentment.
- We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be right, but we can’t always have both.
- The most important relationship we will ever have is the one we have with ourselves.