Top 10 best quotes about Christmas
Winter is the busiest time of the year for holidays. We prepare for them in advance, wait for them, cleanse our bodies and soul, and believe in the miracles that Christmas usually brings. On this wonderful holiday, you can’t quarrel, or punish children, and you need to forgive everyone.
What else this day is associated with, what it means, and what it is, will tell the 10 best quotes about Christmas.
- Blessed is Christmas, for angels descend from heaven to strengthen us in faith in God’s goodwill towards people! (Charles Spurgeon)
- Try to understand what it is – Christmas, and you will feel the goodness emanating from it, which initially accompanied this holiday. Then it will become clear to you that this is not just a festive entertainment in the series of many other holidays and not a continuation of the buying fever. Christmas will become a part of yourself for you, your guiding star, and you will have a desire to bring happiness and joy to people. (Kevin Alan Milne)
- Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day. ( Helen Steiner Rice)
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future… It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. ( Agnes M. Pharo)
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. (Calvin Coolidge)
- The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world’s busy life and become more interested in people than in things. (Thomas S. Monson)
- Christmas will change what you believe in the most. Imagine that Christmas will come tomorrow, program your mind that tomorrow your life will change, that you will start thinking more positively, you will begin to develop, change yourself, and then the changes will not be long in coming. (unknown)
- Whenever you give joy to your neighbor and extend your hand to him, Christmas day comes. Whenever you shut up yourself to hear another, when you break the rules that make people lonely; when you give a spark of hope to the desperate, when you know in humility how insignificant your possibilities are and how great your weakness is; every time you allow God to love others through you, every time it’s Christmas. (Mother Teresa)
- God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. (Pope Francis)
- Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday. (Gladys Taber)