Top 10 Best Anthony Hopkins Quotes
Anthony Hopkins received the title of knight personally from Queen Elizabeth II for services to the arts. The Briton, born December 31, 1937 in Wales, is a symbol of talent and self-discipline. He has two Emmy Awards, five BAFTA Awards, and two Oscars for his roles in The Silence of the Lambs (1992) and The Father (2021). In 1998, Anthony was named the highest paid actor. In 2003, the actor received a star on the Walk of Fame. Besides acting, Hopkins also developed his other talents in the arts. He loves to compose, acts as a director, and also draws.
Perhaps it is the fact that he is a versatile person that underlies his success on stage and on screen. In his personal life, Anthony left behind three marriages. The actor has a daughter from his first marriage, who is an actress, but the relationship between them is not maintained.
Here are 10 favorite quotes from a great actor that we definitely have a lot to learn from.
- I don’t know what acting is, but I enjoy it. I think we ask too many questions of ourselves. We make too much importance of stuff. But I do say to actors when I have taught in classes, or when I sometimes do a talk to a group. I’ll say, “If I never acted again, the world wouldn’t stop, nor would it stop if I didn’t stop acting. That’s how important it is. I know it [seems] important when you’re young. But I say, “Lighten up. Don’t take it all so seriously.” All the gurus and teachers will take your money and run.
- We’re just blades of grass, and when we go, we go, we never come back; one life . . . maybe that’s true. But I tend to believe that this is not all there is. Because my life has been like a shadow of something deeper. And I’ve experienced that many times.
- The way to make better decisions is to make more of them. Then make sure you learn from each one, including those that don’t seem to work out in the short term: they will provide valuable distinctions to make better evaluations and therefore decisions in the future. Realize that decision making, like any skill you focus on improving, gets better the more often you do it.
- My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
- Try not to be concerned with it. It’s a spiritual thing. Don’t look for the results, don’t live in the payoff. Live in the moment which is a spiritual principle. Live in the moment and let the results take care of themselves. It’s in the hands of God. The rest is all ego. And I have learned, over the years, it’s got nothing to do with me. As my life is none of my business.
- We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It’s a death trap.
- Relish everything that’s inside of you, the imperfections, the darkness, the richness and light and everything. And that makes for a full life.
- By giving up ‘the need’ and ‘the want’, things begin to happen for you.
- No expectations. Ask nothing, expect nothing and accept everything, and life is very well.
- Once you accept the fact that there’s nothing to fear, you drill into the primal oil well. I believe when we do things without fear, we can do anything. As long as you don’t worry about the consequences.