Top 10 Best Bertolt Brecht Quotes
Bertolt Brecht was a German poet, playwright, and theatre director of the 20th century. He made contributions to dramaturgy and theatrical production, the latter through the tours undertaken by the Berliner Ensemble – the post-war theatre company operated by Brecht and his wife. Here are the top 10 best quotes by Bertolt Brecht –
#1 What’s breaking into a bank compared with founding a bank?
#2 Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate life.
#3 It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk.
#4 To live means to finesse the processes to which one is subjugated.
#5 No one can be good for long if goodness is not in demand.
#6 Society cannot share a common communication system so long as it is split into warring factions.
#7 From the cradle to the coffin underwear comes first.
#8 Mixing one’s wines may be a mistake, but old and new wisdom mix admirably.
#9 Hungry man, reach for the book: it is a weapon.
#10 The law was made for one thing alone, for the exploitation of those who don’t understand it, or are prevented by naked misery from obeying it.
More Best Bertolt Brecht Quotes
- Unhappy the land that is in need of heroes.
- The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn.
- War is like love; it always finds a way.
- People remain what they are even if their faces fall apart.
- Don’t be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life.
- Science knows only one commandment – contribute to science.
- He who laughs has not yet heard the bad news.
- Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.
- Poverty makes you sad as well as wise.
- Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
- Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.
- What is the robbing of a bank compared to the founding of a bank?
- Sometimes it’s more important to be human, than to have good taste.
- What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
So these were the top 10 best Bertolt Brecht quotes. Do share them and keep reading!