Top 10 Best Anne Murray Quotes
Morna Anne Murray CC ONS, known professionally as Anne Murray, is a Canadian singer in pop, country, and adult contemporary music whose albums have sold over 54 million copies worldwide as of 2012. Here are the top 10 best Anne Murray Quotes –
#1 I think the best part [of retirement] is not having that stress anymore of trying to perform and be all things to all people.
#2 I felt that someone would write a book about me, or I thought they might, and if a book was going to come out, I would rather that I write it — that it be my story rather than something somebody made up.
#3 I think my achievement also testifies to a simple but enduring truth: there is ultimately no substitute for good singing, honestly rendered.
#4 When I started singing as a child, it was just a spontaneous act that I never thought about. Later, as a teen, singing became something I somehow needed to do; some irresistible force within me needed to be expressed musically. When I turned professional, I continued to enjoy performing, even with all the challenges of the road and of the business. Still, I saw my music, and indeed all pop music, as simply a form of entertainment, a way to please audiences for an hour or two, in live concert or on an album. What I failed to understand then, but came to learn again and again, is the incredible power that music possesses — the power to heal, to shape destiny, even to change lives. A popular song may be three minutes of not terribly profound poetry, but the right combination of words and music can touch people at their very core.
#5 You gave me strength
To stand alone again
To face the world
Out on my own again
You put me high upon a pedestal
So high that I could almost see eternity
You needed me
You needed me
#6 Those early days were tough on the road, some of my band members were incorrigible. They were bad boys.
#7 DUETS was special for another reason: for the first and only time, I was singing with both my children on an album. Being in the studio with them as we laid down vocal tracks was a great thrill for me and a special memory for all of us.
#8 When I was young my heart was young then, too.
And anything that it would tell me, that’s the thing that I would do.
#9 People see me as the girl next door, everything came easy, and that was not the case. It was hard, hard work and a lot of bumps along the way.
#10 Right now, I don’t want to pack a suitcase and go anywhere. I did it for 40 years. I’ve earned the right to stay put.
More Best Anne Murray Quotes
- The idea of fame seemed downright laughable. In those days I was playing to audiences that rarely numbered more than a few dozen for fifty bucks at best.
- I came to believe…that it is vital to transform the world by changing the way people treat each other, and by modeling that kind of changed behavior ourselves.
- It’s just a wonderful blend of your faith and nursing practice. If you think about your health and your lifestyle, it’s permeated in all of your life. That includes your church. Some of those things are also a spiritual struggle.
- Last year, we introduced DING! for Windows and immediately heard from our growing number of Customers that use Macintosh computers. Today, we will eliminate our Customers’ DING! envy by offering a Macintosh version of the tool.
- That belt got loose. That buckle (mark) lasted until December. He whipped first and talked later.
- If I can make 10 calls to find something out for one person, I don’t mind because it saves them from having to do it.