Top 10 Best George Armani Quotes about Fashion and Style
Armani was born into an ordinary family in Piacenza, a small town south of Milan. As a child, he was interested in theater and anatomy. Until his 40th birthday, Giorgio Armani worked as a menswear window dresser and designer for the fashion house Nino Cerruti. He founded his company in 1975 and it has grown into an empire with $1.6 billion in annual revenue. Giorgio Armani is one of the most respected designers in the world, creating menswear and womenswear. But his real passion was being a director. In one of the interviews, he once admitted that he was an unrealized actor, director, and producer. However, he managed to maintain a connection with Hollywood, which increased the popularity of his brand in the States.
Armani has never hidden that it is natural for him to work with the stars who will represent his clothes on the red carpet. For the sake of such an honor in the fashion world, designers often have to invest in various celebrities, periodically giving them clothes. In turn, when it comes time for the Oscars, for example, most stars feel obligated to wear clothes from the designer who has been dressing them all year. But Armani doesn’t do that. He considers it normal to be friends with celebrities and that their choice to wear one of his things is dictated by the fact that they really like his creations.
A true innovator, Armani is often the first in what he does. He looks for ways to provoke the public and manages to feel the pulse of trends. For example, in 2007 he decided to show one of his collections live online.
Armani does not believe that collections should be created every season and says he does not see the need for fashion to race at such a fast pace. However, he does not stop offering new designs to his fans.
It is said that in the 1970s, Armani took a pinch from a strict men’s wardrobe and put it into a women’s wardrobe (and vice versa). Thus, softness and balance are achieved in the final form. Armani gives women aesthetic emancipation.
Here are his top 10 fashion and style quotes:
- The difference between style and fashion is quality.
- In order to create something exceptional, your mindset must be relentlessly focused on the smallest details.
- Fashion is about dreaming and making others dream.
- Dressing well is a form of good manners.
- The best fashion show, by far, takes place on the street. Always has been and always will be.
- Fashion is about style and elegance, not about money.
- The biggest fashion mistake is to look in the mirror and not see yourself.
- I have always believed that fashion should not only make women more beautiful but also reassure them, and give them confidence.
- Fashion is not something that exists only in dresses. Fashion is in the sky, on the street; fashion is about ideas, about how we live, about what happens.
- Clothes will not change the world. It will be done by the women who wear it.