Top 10 Best Agatha Christie Quotes
Agatha Christie was an English novelist and playwright, widely considered to be one of the greatest mystery writers of all time. Born on September 15, 1890, in Torquay, Devon, Christie started writing in the early 1920s and went on to become one of the most successful and prolific writers of her time, with her works having been translated into over 100 languages and selling over 2 billion copies worldwide. She created iconic characters such as Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, and her novels, which often revolved around murder mysteries and whodunits, continue to captivate readers to this day.
Here are 10 of Agatha Christie’s best quotes about life:
- It is a mistake to think that the past is dead. Nothing that has ever happened is quite without influence at this moment. The present is merely the past rolled up and concentrated in this moment.
- To every problem there is a most simple solution.
- The best way of getting rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
- The best time for planning a book is while you’re doing the dishes.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- One doesn’t recognize the really important moments in one’s life until it’s too late.
- Everything that has existed, lingers in the Eternity.
- There is nothing more thrilling in this world, I think, than having a child that is yours, and yet is mysteriously a stranger.
- Never do anything yourself that others can do for you.
- It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.