Top 10 Best Carl Gustav Jung Quotes
Perhaps second only to Sigmund Freud – although he may not have been willing to admit it – Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961) was the famous Swiss psychologist who pioneered the idea of exploring the inner life of a person in order to better understand his behavior. Esotericists and especially occultists consider him their man, philosophers love him, and scientists do not understand what to do with him but are forced to reckon with him. Maybe that’s why we perceive his quotes as revelations. They leave a deep imprint on our hearts.
Here are the top 10 Carl Jung quotes:
- Until you make the subconscious conscious, it will rule your life and you will call it destiny.
- The mistakes we make are laid in the foundation of the truth, and even if after them a person does not know what something really is, he knows exactly what it is not.
- Knowing your own darkness – The best way learn to deal with the darkness of other people.
- You cannot achieve enlightenment by only striving for the light and imagining it, for this you need to make the darkness conscious.
- Many crises in our lives have a long unconscious history. We go through it step by step, unaware of the danger that is accumulating. But what we consciously try not to notice is often captured by our unconscious, which transmits information in the form of dreams.
- What is the difference between a genius and a madman? The madman sees, but does not know how to convey it. And a genius can translate this into the language of consciousness.
- The sad truth is that human life consists of a complex of inexorable opposites – day and night, birth and death, happiness and suffering, good and evil. We are not even sure that one will prevail over the other, that good will triumph over evil, or joy over pain. Life is a battlefield. It has always existed and will always exist, if it were not so, life would come to an end.
- Who knows the way to the eternally fertile regions of the soul? You seek the path only in appearances, you study books and listen to all kinds of opinions. What is so good about it? There is only one way and that is your way.
- Even happy life there are dark moments, and the word “happiness” would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is best to take what is happening carefully and coolly.
- The fact is that a person necessarily needs ideas and beliefs that give meaning to his life and allow him to find his place in the universe. He will overcome the most incredible trials, being convinced of what he is doing it for. But when all the trouble is already behind him, he can suffer a crushing defeat when he finds out that he is participating in an idiotic and senseless undertaking.