Top 10 Best Vivienne Westwood Quotes about Fashion
Vivienne Westwood is one of the most influential fashion designers of the 20th and 11th centuries. Her influence extends to generations of young designers, and her work cannot be described only as creating clothes, it is a whole philosophy, often defined as scandalous. Her own point of view, combined with the concept and message, as well as provocation are her characteristic creative features. Despite her scandalous image, in 1992, the fashionista was awarded the Order of the British Empire, which was personally presented to her by Queen Elizabeth II. Vivian Westwood’s creations are not just fashion, they are, above all, the concept of life!
Here are some quotes from HER FASHION MAJESTY:
- Fashion is life-enhancing and I think it’s a lovely, generous thing to do for other people.
- If you wear clothes that don’t suit you, you’re a fashion victim. You have to wear clothes that make you look better.
- I just use fashion as an excuse to talk about politics. Because I’m a fashion designer, it gives me a voice, which is really good.
- If you’re too big to fit into fashion, then you just have to do your own fashion.
- Fashion is here to help make people look very important. If they have good taste and choose what suits them, I give them options on how they can do that. It’s always sexy, and it’s always with the same result: making women look fantastic.
- Мy fashion always tells a story somehow. I never look at fashion magazines. I find them incredibly boring. To me, reading a fashion magazine is the last thing I need to do.
- I just think people should invest in the world. Don’t invest in fashion, but invest in the world.
- Why do people think that if you don’t dress up, others will appreciate your beauty more – that style will somehow emanate from you? It’s rubbish. If you dress up it helps your personality to emerge – if you choose well.
- Buy less, choose well: that’s the maxim. Quality not quantity. That’s the most environmentally friendly thing you can do.
- I am attracted to people who make this effort in knowing what suits them – they are individual and stylish.