Top 10 best quotes about love
Love and let your heart never stop flying – what could be more inspiring and winged?! Songs, poems and paintings, sculptures are dedicated to loving. Thousands of books talk about its power and uniqueness, so today we celebrate Valentine’s Day with 10 of the best quotes about love.
- We receive the gift of love, but love is like a precious flower. You can’t just accept it, leave it in the pot and think it will take care of itself. You must keep watering it. You must take care of it and fertilize it. – John Lennon.
- Love has no labels, no definitions. It is what it is, pure and simple. Love is the water of life. And a lover is a soul of fire! The universe turns differently when fire loves water. – Elif Shafak, “Love”
- Love is a great disaster: you know that there is a wall in front of you, and yet you are suffocating. You run straight to your doom with a smile on your face. Waiting with curiosity for exactly when everything will explode. Love is the only pre-programmed disappointment, the only misfortune that anyone can predict and always wish for again. — Frédéric Beigbeder, “Love Lasts Three Years”
- To have true love, to bring it to life, it takes time for it to come true. Love, not falling in love, this is a real feeling – it means that you are important to me as a person, I want to take care of you, I want you to feel good, I also want you to be free. This is true love. – Jorge Bucay
- If you have love you don’t need to have anything else. If you don’t have it it doesn’t matter much what else you do have. – James Matthew Barrie
- There is nothing more helplessly dull and more reasonable than love, … nothing clouds and clears our minds with more force than her, as to whether our thoughts agree with or contradict her impulses. – Dimitar Dimov, “Lieutenant Benz”
- Please don’t be angry with me on the days when I don’t remember you, and they will inevitably come. Know that I love you, I will always love you, and no matter what happens, remember that I lived the most wonderful life that I could ever dream of. My life is with you. — Nicholas Sparks, “Notepad”
- I love how proud and beautiful women leave, haughty and impulsive, tapping their heels and slamming the door. Then they can fly up to the other side and weep bitterly, but they leave wonderfully! – Erich Maria Remarque, “Borrowed Life”
- Your love for her belongs to you. She belongs to you. Even if she rejects it, she can’t change it. She just doesn’t use it. What you give away is yours forever. What you hold is lost forever!- Eric-Emmanuel Schmidt, “Mr. Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran”
- Remember how much you love me. I don’t want you to always love me like this, but I want you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the woman that I am tonight.— Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald