Top 10 Best Avril Lavigne Quotes
Avril Ramona Lavigne is a Canadian-French singer and songwriter. She was born in Belleville, Ontario, and spent most of her youth in the town of Greater Napanee. Here are the top 10 best Avril Lavigne quotes –
#1 You can’t complain about the pressures, the paparazzi, the madness. Because that is the job. I’ve always understood that’s the deal.
#2 Well, a lot of people don’t know this about me, but I’m actually shy around people I don’t know. I would just say with my first concert, my first tour, I didn’t really talk onstage. I was like, ‘Thank you, I love you guys,’ or whatever. But now I’ve just kind of learned to work a crowd.
#3 I have always looked for ways to give back because I think it’s a responsibility we all share.
#4 On my first album I was wearing a lot of guys pants, baggy clothes and stuff like that. I was 17 and I was a little tomboy. And you would never see me wearing a dress or heels on my first record.
#5 I have to fight to keep my image really me… I rejected some gorgeous publicity shots because they just didn’t look like me.
#6 To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I’m in a good mood – don’t meet me in a bad mood.
#7 I was eating bad stuff. Lots of sugar and carbs, junk food all the time. It makes you very irritated.
#8 Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.
#9 My songs aren’t bubble gum pop dance songs and I don’t have background dancers on every single song.
#10 I decorated my house like a medieval gothic castle, European-style. Chandeliers and red velvet curtains. My bedroom is pink and black, my bathroom is totally Hello Kitty, I have a massive pink couch and a big antique gold cross.
More Best Avril Lavigne Quotes
- I don’t believe war is a way to solve problems. I think it’s wrong. I don’t have respect for the people that made the decisions to go on with war. I don’t have that much respect for Bush. He’s about war, I’m not about war – a lot of people aren’t about war.
- You get built up and put on a pedestal and then people want to bring you down. It can be hurtful. Some people try to make me look bad or not a nice person but it’s completely false.
- Inspiration for my music just comes from, you know, my life experiences.
- I think I would probably die without my eyeliner, but besides that I’m pretty basic.
- The mall tour was right off of my second record, before it came out. It was very different. I did an acoustic performance every day in a different mall! One interesting thing I remember is playing ‘My Happy Ending’ a lot, and that song was so new that I remember getting emotional.
- I’m very free-spirited and crazy. I love to have fun, and I like doing stupid things. At the same time, I’m like a 35-year-old. I have a house. I have a car. I have a steady job. I have a business, and I have to make serious decisions.
- I liked being a minor because you can’t get into trouble. Now I just have to try and behave myself.